budgeting sheet

MandaC

Just having a bit of a panic moment!

Does anyone have a good budgeting sheet.

I am just sitting down going through my money and I have to be missing something!

After I pay my mortgage/pension/car loan, I am left with approx. €1,800 per month. Apart from buying food, the rest seems to just vanish. Thats way too much to waste.

Either I am missing something that I am not counting or I am wasting some amount of money and have to stop.

Does anyone have a good budgeting sheet.

IMHO - the best one is one you develop for yourself.

Start off with going through your bank account(s) for the last 3 months to get a sense of types of withdrawals you make. For example, how much cash to you take out from ATMs ?

For me, using LASER is a good way to track what I'm spending money on. If I used cash for everything, I would have no memory of what that was used for.

Don't forget all your bills, car - insurance, servicing, tyres, tax and petrol,
Household bills, gas or oil, esb, tv, phone, broadband, tv licence, maintenance, service on boiler, bins etc,
Clothes, holidays, christmas fund,
incidentals - birthday, wedding, christening presents, getting hair cut, beauticians, doctors etc,

Thanks guys, to be honest I think I am wasting most of it on rubbish - ie went to farmers market last week spent €30 on nothing, then Yankee Candles €25, then night out €120 - sure thats almost €200 in one day, do that every Saturday (and I would at least twice a month) and thats where it goes - magazines €10 -

I am not in financial trouble or anything - just with €2k a month going on nothing I have to keep a better handle on it.

I am the same Manda.. just try and keep a diary for maybe a week, writing down all breakdowns of spending... eg

Magazines
Food incl. top up visits to the supermarket
Lunch
Coffee Breaks, etc!

That's exactly what I need. I knew I had seen it before, I am just rubbish at calling up searches.

Discipline is needed with my unruly spending habits, big time!

You can download this excel spreadhseet, it is quite simple once you follow the steps

I hear ya Manda...I live in the middle of nowhere...with no shops worth spending in ....but my downfall is coffee....its always the one Alvin Hall and Eddie Hobbs point to as the financial downfall of the middle classes...coffee

Am more of a working class gal than middle class (never forget where you are coming from).... but am partial to a skinny late or two....which aint helping the old bottom line...

Back