Budget Travel Compensation

Phibbleberry

I did a search and there's a few threads about luggage compensation, but I'm more interested in Budget Travel in particular.

I have private insurance and will be claiming from them too, but heres the story..anyone have any experience?

We were delayed Friday week last, flying to Cyprus on a EuroCypria flight through Budget. We spent three hours on the runway while they offloaded our bags due to the closure of the 'long' runway and their inability to take off with such a load from the 'short' runway. They left Dublin without 85-90% of the luggage (people with medication/kids etc...were allowed down to oversee the luggage being offloaded and we're able to identify it and it was the only luggage flown over).
When we landed, we then had a three hour wait in the airport while everyone described their bags/got their P.I.R's etc... We finally got to the resort, about five/six hours late, sans baggage and were told we could spend €30 per person to buy provisions. Once you'd bought the cheapest t-shirt/bikini/toothbrushes/suncream etc..you'd still managed to spend nearly 50 each!!

My question really, is if anyone has used the Montreal Convention to get more than the €30 each of Budget Travel? We recieved one free drink on the flight, where it looks to my untrained eye that we should've recieved food etc..aswell, aside from the measly €30. We got our bags 33hours after we were due to land...

Anyone!?!? All experiences/tips would be appreciated before I head down to Budget!!!

Thanks,
PB

Last edited:
My son flew with them recently and paid for "seats together" on the plane for himself, partner and daughter. When he got on the plane "no" seats together and nobody to complain to. What is this business about paying to sit beside each other on the plane?

Sorry to hear about your hassle Phibbleberry...I had a silimar problem with Budget Travel but fortunately it was on the homeward journey so the inconvience wasn't too bad. We also flew with Eurocypria and it was the airline that I had the gripe with as there were delays on the flight going out and they didn't wait to load the baggage for the flight!! (got my luggage 2 days after I arrived home!). I wrote to them several times and called them but to no avail. I have since read dreadful reviews/reports of Eurocypria and I will NEVER fly with them again. I also wrote to Budget suggesting they they never again use Eurocypria as one of their charter flight providers as they were so poor. But this doesn't help your issue...sorry!