Budget hotel in manhattan

indebtedgal

looking for a budget hotel in manhattan for 3 nights, midtown pref, i'll really only be using it for a few hours sleep and a base so cheap and cheerful but in a good area.. is this even possible. i currently have one for 189 dollars plus tax per night but this is a bit more than what i want to pay..

looking for a budget hotel in manhattan for 3 nights, midtown pref, i'll really only be using it for a few hours sleep and a base so cheap and cheerful but in a good area.. is this even possible. i currently have one for 189 dollars plus tax per night but this is a bit more than what i want to pay..

Try the pennsylvania or check these sites

www.gtahotels.com
www.hotelopia.ie
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
www.alpharooms.com

Hi,
Ive stayed in manhattan a couple of times. Best deal on a hotel I got (and incidently the nicest hotel i stayed in) was the Club Quarters Downtown. It is in the Financial district but there is a subway station approx 30 yards from the front door. Lovely hotel and a great price
Mark

thanks for that mark, had a look at the website, looks great, doubt that it would be less than 180 dollars!! how do you check rates, do you need to be a member..

hi there,
you could try the holiday inn midtown manhattan on 59th street. its central & reasonable in price i would think

wouldnt go with the pennsylvania, have read reports on trip advisor!!! im going to new york in 2 weeks and am staying in the pod hotel, 5 nights in the queen pod room for €1200. got good reviews on trip advisor

stayed in the pennsylvania, its a kip. try the milford plaza, very central near times square

Don't know if your have your heart set on a hotel but I stayed at Radio City Apartments and their location is ideal for Manhattan and at very good prices. Check them on tripadviser and see the rave reviews - only snag is they book out quick but you don't have to pay in advance so closer to the time cancellations are possible. Going back again in New Year and would not stay anywhere else!!

Check out The Pod hotel @ www.thepodhotel.com, the rooms start at $119 dollars for a double room with shared bathroom (bunk beds in the room). The rooms are small but clean and very central 51st between 2nd and 3rd Ave.

We stayed in the New Yorker Hotel on 34th and 8th ave- perfect location and didn't break the bank- we booked through 1800 hotels they got us a great deal.

The best value I found when I was going last December was the Milford Plaza. Hotel was very basic but the location was great. Like you say, at the end of the day all you want is somewhere to rest your head.

guys have to recommend the Affinia Manhattan... stayed there last year! Really nice hotel and across the road from Subway stop also... minutes walk to Time Square... Pennsylvania is beside it if I remember correctly. we met an irish couple in the Affinia who were booked into the Penn but didnt even stay a night as they said it was horrible, dirty and smelly...

Back