Budget car scrappage scheme

capall

Will this scheme really have much of an impact
Are people driving 10 year old cars really in the market for a brand new car
Most people who drive old cars its either what they can afford or they have a philosophy against spending money on cars

Having said that the same scheme was very successful in uk

Scheme was very successful in the UK. Remember 00 was the biggest year for new car reg's here, so they are all due to be recycled. However, problem being anyone who drove a 00 (me being one) is on their 3rd or 4th change since then.....can those who drive 00's afford to change...

Estimated to generate 10,000 volume, though the majority will be with the chaper brands....

anything that saves any of the 50,000+ jobs in the motor trade has to be good

anything that saves any of the 50,000+ jobs in the motor trade has to be good
Why on earth should the state be subsidising imported products like these? Maybe if the motor trade hadn't got into hock building palace-like showrooms and jumping on the property development bandwagon, their jobs would be reasonably safe.

Not all of those jobs are in Dealerships.......anything from motor publications to small independent garages, to mechanics, to those working in the importers.....in fairness to the Dealers, they have to meet Brand standards to be given a franchise, though I can see the point about property development

If anything, I'd have thought the scrappage scheme is more likely to take money away from independent garages and mechanics who keep the old cars on the road.