Budbet Travel Offers

eamonn

A week in Crete was advertised for 149Euros. When I went through the booking steps on the net it became 220Euro. Threre was airport security and fuel surcharge, add ons which I can understand. However there was a late booking fee and a flight supplement charge. Can anyboby explain the reason for the flight supplement, does it go to the airport, airline of travel agent? Why is it not added to the advertised price first day? As for the late booking fee, this has to be a joke, I thought one of the advantages of internet sales was ease of booking whether early or late (and lowering the cost to travel agent/airlines).

eamonn said:
A week in Crete was advertised for 149Euros. When I went through the booking steps on the net it became 220Euro. Threre was airport security and fuel surcharge, add ons which I can understand. However there was a late booking fee and a flight supplement charge. Can anyboby explain the reason for the flight supplement, does it go to the airport, airline of travel agent? Why is it not added to the advertised price first day? As for the late booking fee, this has to be a joke, I thought one of the advantages of internet sales was ease of booking whether early or late (and lowering the cost to travel agent/airlines).

I think its just another case of rip off replublic. This practice has been going on for years which is why they always put from before the price. Its only now that people are starting to sit up and pay attention to it. I tried booking a hol on direct holidays during the summer for 2 wks in portugal for 2 adults and 1 child and was being quoted 1900 euro and yet when i tried book it as 3 adults instead it was 1500 so for a so called free child place they were actually chraging more for the child.

like under occ supplements they dont include the child howver when it omes to the fuel charges etc they do. its so annoying

We were hit with a security surcharge on our trip last year. This was added onto the invoice as an extra over the panel prices given, etc. However as I read the small print in the brochure later they said the prices given included all surcharges. When I rang they said it was a printing error and that we had to pay the extra. A little call to the dept of consumer affairs and hey presto, we were refunded the surcharge. Buyers beware as ever - hate the way they present the costs in brochures tho, so misleading to the end price payable.

Back