Bucharest Anyone

dodo

Going to Bucharest next weekend , going with mate who is going to look at apartments, so any tips on what is a must when there also is alot of crime there , thanks,

It's a concrete jungle, thanks to some wonderful Nicolae/Soviet planning. It's actually a pretty well laid out city, a lot of nice people, just stay on the main drags, avoid "western" bars (full of pushers and mafia) and after dark don't wander onto the beaten track, if you catch my drift.

Be careful there in property as there is (in city apartments) som catch elements to do with freehold and rates. Also ensure not to pay anything on the 1st visit, but that's a norm anyway. Enjoy the wine, it's top of the range! (better than commercial Croatian - though I didn't say that, right!)

Well worth having a look at Ceucescu's Palace near the city centre. The opulence of the place is incredible. Not sure if its possible to actually get inside it but you can drive around it. There is a bar/disco called Planters which is fairly good though the whole city seems to be over-run with prostitutes. All of the taxi drivers seem keen to bring western men to brothels or nightclubs as they call them

. Also ensure not to pay anything on the 1st visit, but that's a norm anyway. Enjoy the wine, Friend has told me that if he wants to buy one of the apartments he must pay 3K desposit over there, should he be worried by this