BTIreland Broadband Faults...

E

exaisle

Im a BTIreland Broadband customer. Last Friday, my broadband went down although my phone line has continued to operate, albeit noisily.
I reported the fault on Saturday and it being a bank holiday weekend, I assumed that it would be repaired within two days.....Eircom's customer service guarantee says the following:
"Repair - under the terms of our customer service guarantee it is our aim to clear all faults within 2 working days, if we fail to meet this deadline you can claim the equivalent of two months line rental. Also if you have a complaint to make about a repair we aim to have the complaint resolved within 2 working days of receiving the complaint."

So, my question is...although i pay the rental on the line to BTIreland, Eircom is responsible for repairing it....so am I entitled to a 2 months line rental rebate?

Regards

DR

When was it fixed? Saturday (when you reported it) and Easter Monday aren't technically "working days", so if it was fixed before close of business on Wednesday, they met the deadline of 2 working days (Tue & Wed).