BT Voyager 2110 Modem.

horse

Hi Folks,
I am having an odd loss of internet connection occasionally, and to rectify I turn off and on the modem unit.on lifting the unit today to reset I heard pieces move around inside and on closer shaking of the unit - lots of pieces. the top of the unit feels quite warm and I was just wondering it be cooling fins / heat sink that maybe the problem. I'm just wondering is it a fire risk.
Regards,
Horse.

Do you turn the modem off when not in use? I switch mine (same model) off every night, but I still have the odd loss of service as you describe, and have to turn it off and on again to get the service back.

Hi Gippiman,
I turn it off every night or when not in use, but if you rattle yours do you hear anything?
Regards,
Horse.

*goes into other room and assaults the modem* :D

No, no noise from my modem when it's shaken, horse!

A friend has UTV internet and obviously has their standard (non-wireless) modem. I have a BT Voyager 2110 modem and was wondering could I hook that up to supply wireless in his house. If so would anybody know the setting I would need. Alternatively could I use the UTV modem in situ and link the modem and Voyager by ethernet cable. If so do I need to change the Voyager setting to use it as a router.

I too have a Voyager 2110 modem which is always disconnecting, even though all the appropriate lights are lighting. Today after 7 mins I got through to technical support, and he told me that if I had more than two firewalls, then they were blocking my connection! However, I usually switch it on and off at the back and that seems to sort it out. Never thought about the fire risk, so mine will be turned off at night from now on!

My modem is from Perlico. It is an ZyXEL Prestige 600 series. I'd say we have it about 4 years but I'm not sure. Lately, the internet connection has being going on and off and I tried turning it off and on at the back. I was wondering do these need replacing. If possible I would like to get one from someone else other than Perlico as I had trouble with them a few years ago with getting no broadband at all for a few weeks. They kept saying that it was an Eircom problem but Eircom wouldn't deal with us because we 'weren't their customers'. Mine just gets warm and I do leave it on at night but I'll switch it off anymore.

Any opinions about my last post. I still have to switch off the modem and switch it back on again before getting an internet connection. There is a little orange light on the modem that is on when there is a connection but that goes off after a while. I haven't heard of anyone buying a new modem but if I need to can I buy any type?

Back