BT Talk - connection fee?

techman

I signed up for BT Talk in Oct 2006. I understood then that there was no connection charge if you signed up online.

Most recent bill (2nd bill) now shows a connection charge.

Can't get through to Customer Care. Did anyone else sign up in Oct/Nov '06?
Did you pay a connection fee?

Yeh we signed up around then alright it was in the first bill but only as a minus figure.I can't for the life of me figure out the way they work out their bills its crazy but as far as I know I can't see any charge that looks like the connection fee in the most recent bill

Finally got through to Customer Care.

There is a self-install charge (aroung €33) and a charge for the wireless modem (€40).

The online bills make no sense whatsoever.

I signed up in November 2006 and also had the self-install connection fee (talk about a contradiction in terms!). Also had 1 week's overlapping rental with Eircom (BT charged from 9th Nov, Eircom charged to 15th Nov)...something else to watch for! Got a refund from eircom eventually.

We signed up on the 20th of September and have yet to receive a bill or see a bill on-line yet this week they took 359 out of our account and we have no idea for what?! CAnnto get through to them on the phone to query what we have been charged for to see if correct.

Back