BT Line Problem

Bootdog

We have phone line, calls and broadband with BT. Strange fault started last weekend, there is a dial tone, but after dialling any 3 numbers, the line goes straight to engaged tone. Broadband and incoming calls are still working.

Anyway, called Eircom, and they said they can't deal with it as its another providers line, so I logged a fault online with BT. They responded 3 days later saying the fault is fixed (even though its not).

Any suggestions for moving this up BTs priority list? I'd be more than happy to go back to Eircom if this helped - any opinions on whether this is worthwhile?

Turns out that engaged tone means the line is suspended. BT suspended the account after a DD failed, and after sending out 2 letters and calling us. They sent the letters to our old address (which we moved out of 2 yrs ago), and called an old work number. They did manage to cut off the correct line though

Unless it's a BT owned line (i.e. the line infrastructure is still owned by eircom) they probably got eircom to put a TOS (Temporaryr Out of Service) block on the line. Hope you have more success than I havd had in trying to sort this type of issue out!

Former Smart residential customer now cut off