BT Ireland price hike?

demoivre

According to the BT Ireland website their bb plus with line rental is now priced at € 57 per month with no connection charge if you sign up online and the introductory offer is gone! This seems to have happened over the weekend. On Friday the bb plus with line rental was being offered at € 50 p.m. and came with an intro. offer of €35 for the first 4 months with a € 50 connection charge. They have jacked the monthly price up by 14 % over the weekend if I am reading this right !

False alarm folks - their website this am was mistakenly giving details for a previous more expensive offer ( according to one of their online customer services people ) . They have now corrected and the website is showing bb plus at €50 pm including line rental( € 35 pm for the first 4 months ), with €50 connection charge . That's more like it :)

demoivre said:
False alarm folks - they're website this am was mistakenly giving details for a previous more expensive offer ( according to one of their online customer services people ) . They have now corrected and the website is showing bb plus at €50 pm including line rental( € 35 pm for the first 4 months ), with €50 connection charge . That's more like it :)

...Except that it takes weeks and weeks to get the bl00dy service after you order, especially if you have previously had broadband on your phone line. They only seem interested in new business. :mad:

MonsieurBond said:
...Except that it takes weeks and weeks to get the bl00dy service after you order, especially if you have previously had broadband on your phone line. They only seem interested in new business. :mad:

Well I have UTV bb at € 29.99 for the 1 mb connection. Bt do this bb including line rental for € 40 and the 2 mb bb for €50 including line rental. I don't get any value out of utv talk because I don't make many calls anyway from my fixed line so BT looks like much better value for me. I can cope with the set up delay because I won't cancel utv until BT connect me but what's the BT service like after connection?

demoivre said:
I can cope with the set up delay because I won't cancel utv until BT connect me but what's the BT service like after connection?
I thought UTV had a rolling 12 month contract in place? Are they any additional costs involved in breaking the contract mid term?

lemeister said:
I thought UTV had a rolling 12 month contract in place? Are they any additional costs involved in breaking the contract mid term?

They have but I am one month short of the 12 months so the disconnection fee is €29.99. I assume you would be charged on a pro rata basis for any early termination. Note that the 12 month contract doesn't begin until the intro. period ends.

Back