BT Ireland - Do they ever answer the phone?

ajapale

Im trying to contact BT ireland to pay an outstanding bill and close the account.

When I dial 1904 I get on put in a queue with a barely audible message interspersed with long silences. (try it yourseves! it is truly aweful for a telecoms company). I have the phone on speaker phone for the last 20 minutes and still no response.

Does anyone know any hack to get straight through to them.

Im exasperated!

aj

Leave your number and get them to call you back...cheaper and faster. This has worked for me on numerous occasions.

Also tried phoning a few times over the past 4 days, can't get through.

Sent an e-mail and got an automated response saying they would get back to me asap - as of yet I've heard nothing!

I have spent hours waiting on BT to answer, have left my number on "Q buster" and no call back. they are the same as all telco's- dont give a dam about the paying punter. Then COMREG powerless to do anything either.

send mail via reg. post to complaints dept. That did it for me.

email bill murphy & kick up a stink.
Its worked for me on a few occasions

Whatever about answering the phone they definitely don't get back to prospective customers who contact them through their website's Contact Us form. I have tried that three times without any success. As as a result I will be looking elsewhere for a voice and broadband service provider.

I don't think I'll bother given all the bad reports I've had about their billing systems. Thanks anyway.

I cant post here what he done for me, but all I can say is it was well worth my while.