BT challenge to Eircon Broadband

I tried finding the detailed terms & conditions for the Eur49 for 1Mbps broadband and line rental offer on the BT Ireland website but was unable to locate them. Has anybody else found them? It looks like you have to register on their website to get any more information about these products which is ridiculous!

Total kak I fear. ESAT will never mount a serious attempt based on my experience of ESATs dead awful accounts dept , a dept capable of losin punters way faster n sales can win customers.

That sort of tallies with my experience of them on the retail side (when they simply did not respond to or answer my queries in relation to their earlier broadband trial offer) and business side (when the screwed up our leased line on the technical and billing side more than once). My only positive experience was with their SDSL pre-sales rep who was very helpful and responsive. Eur49 for broadband and line rental looks attractive but (a) I don't know why they don't seem to have more detailed information available without registration on their website and (b) I would wonder about their ability to support this product offering on the technical and billing fronts.

Note also that this is not necessarily a challenge to eircom since they still get Eur38 of the Eur49 payable to BT Ireland by consumers as long as full LLU does not happen.

unless ESAT (BT) move out of Dublin I refuse to believe it I am afraid to say :(

Anyone having problems with EsatBt or BTireland as they now call themselves, may be glad to know that on their main webpage their CEO Bill Murphy has kindly posted his email address stating "Thank you for visiting our new website. If you have any comments or feedback, I would be delighted to hear from you so please get in touch on .. email addresss" I won't post his email address here but it's there if you want it. Im sure a comment directly to him will have the right effect on the accounts department.

I must ask him to email me the detailed terms & conditions of their broadband packages so! :)

Back