BT broadband Tech support

house_hunter

Hi,

Has anyone ever managed to speak to one of the BT broad band tech support guys over the phone? I have tried unsuccessfully yesterday and last Saturday for more than 1/2 hour and was still waiting to hear from somebody? I am having difficulty in getting access to broadband connection as my userid and passwd is not being recognised.

Thanks

Leave a message with their Q buster system. I think Ive never waited more then 30 minutes for a call back.

Househunter

I have found BT Broadband support absolutely excellent - albeit it was 2-3 weeks ago. Their wait time was long and they offered to call you back - which they did. Also, they called as a follow the following week to ensure all was now in order. What a change from Eircom.!!

As a technical note, there are two user names and passwords - one for your account details - vai their web page the other for the mdoem setup. Maybe you are not using the correct oen for the modem setup. Is this any help to you.

As an aside the first modem/router they sent was faulty (i.e. the wireless element did not function). Once identified, they immeidately issued another and called to ensure all was in order. That was late August/early September. Last week, I received an MP3 player as a goodwill gesture/apology for the inconvenience. Roll on BT and so long Eircom - and all this for €45 per month...

Regards

Little Sis

and his mail address is what and do you use him every time theres a query?

Im all for escalating a call but if I was him and I got a mail saying I was waiting to get on to the helpdesk, Id say "Did you use the call back for enquiries system? Its quite efficient, try it".

I am not going to post his email address on a public forum. PM me if anyone wants it or any other contacts.
I do not email him with every query. I email higher management when I get nowhere with thier tech support (which unfortunatly is very often).
In my experience BTs tech support go trough a list of obvious things to do & then as a last resort ask you to disconnect everything from your line & wait for an hour & try again..
(This is basically to get you off the phone & hope the problem goes away)
I have found once you finally get someone to listen they are able to sort the problem very quickly. I just can't understand why the tech support refuse to listen to thier customers.

Back