BT Broadband Contract

rooktobishop

I signed up with BT for Broadband and Phone 3 months ago. After a lot of phone calls to a very poor support service they are unable to get me connected. I had to finally concede defeat when I was told by BT that even though I have no broadband I still have to pay the rest of the contract which is for a year.

The phone to the house was checked (ok). I contacted Eircom who called to the house for free and checked the system with their modem and it worked.

I would like to change to Digiweb or UTV Broadband but cannot do so until I am sure BT will not try keep me to this contract.

Has anyone any similiar experience or advice

As they are unable to provide all of the services that you required you are not obliged to stay with them for the 12 month period. Get on to Comreg.

If it were me I'd consider just stopping paying them totally. The did not provide the service which you paid for and may be in breach of their contract. I'd let them come after me, and when they did explain that they refused to provide the service for which I paid for. I've just done something similar with NTL...

They will probably just charge the contract early termination fee and you will then be chasing that too - especially if your account is set up to draw payments from a credit/debit card.