Brother DCP-750CW scanning

zag

I got a Brother DCP-750CW wireless printer/scanner a while back and after eventually getting the Vista drivers it all appeared to be going well, but I seem to have hit a problem with scanning and wonder if anyone out there has any suggestions. Printing wirelessly works no problem and photocopying works no problem so the main requirements are met - the network is up and the scan head can copy an entire page.

When I try to scan (either from the device or from an application on the PC) everything starts to hum and appears to be starting to work correctly, but the scan never finishes and no data is ever sent back - net result is no scanned document.

Has anyone come across this before ? I was up on the Brother website yesterday and tried a few things, but none of their suggestions worked. I turned off the firewall (McAfee) and I checked the scanner profile in the control panel, but still no joy. I sent them a mail, but they haven't responded yet.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

Thanks,

z

Did you check that the Vista firewall didn't enable itself when you disabled the McAfee firewall? You would need to disable it as well to test that it is a firewall issue.
If it is you will have to follow the steps on the Brother support site.
http://welcome.solutions.brother.co...reg=eu&c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=dcp750cw_eu&Cat=8
To configure the McAffee firewall with the setting recommended by Brother you should be looking at the McAffee support for your version of McAffee firewall.

From the Brother Support page below:-

For all Windows users with the personal Firewall Software:
(For example, Blackice™, Norton Internet Security™, Tiny Personal Firewall, Zone Alarm®, Sygate and McAfee®.)
For instructions on how to configure the settings properly for this type of program, please refer to the user's guide for your software or contact the software manufacturer.

battyb - you pointed me in the right direction, thanks.

I tried doing the scan to my old XP machine it worked no problems at all. I haven't had a chance to work out what was happening on Vista, but your explanation fits the bill.

Cheers,

z