broken wing mirror for ford galaxy

majee

mrs majee tore off the drivers wing mirror recently. got a quote from a local ford main dealer just for the part alone and was wondering if there is better value out there to be had from a car parts website possibly. Don't really want to go looking in car scrapyards as it's a bit hit and miss. Has anyone successfully bought cheaper car parts online?

majee

Same thing happened me a couple of years ago when I had a Galaxy - I ordered same from micksgarage.ie and fitted it myself - can't remember the actual cost but I know it saved me a good bit at the time.

pjmn

Contact a ford dealer in belfast for a quote - they might post it down. Got one for my car (06) for 90 euros last year in belfast and fitted locally for 50. Quote from dealer in Galway was 450 euro (part and fitting) !!!

I just replaced my wing mirror for the NCT. I phone up a few scrap dealers from the Golden pages and bought a 2nd hand one, Halfords can make up a aerosol spray can, to the exact colour if you give them the colour number, I then fitted myself total cost about €50