Broken Ipod

tink

Hi there, the screen has leaked on my ipod so there is black ink stuff in it going over the screen. I bought in america so no chance of getting fixed under the warranty. I was wondering if there is anywhere that fiexes them in dublin?

Have you called the support number and checked with them?
I bought mine in the UK and it was still covered here as long as the warranty was valid.

Oh really? Only problem is don't have receipt and never registered so probably no good !

Well my bf broke the screen on his ipod. Also bought in the US. He called up expecting that they would fix it for a cost but they sent the delivery guy to pick it up from our house. He said its a regular occurance and that they would just fix it. They sent the same delivery guy back with a brand new iPod two days later. No questions about warranty or cost etc. You could give them a call. There's nothing to loose.

As far as I know, Apple offer a worldwide warranty, so it doesn't matter where you buy it. You should have registered it though. Maybe you could chance registering it now and estimate date of purchase. If you look on the back - just under the capacity figure (30GB or whatever) you will see a serial number in tiny letters- about 12 or 14 characters long. I need a magnifying glass to make out mine, but it can be done! Good luck!