Broadband with Digiweb: error msg "failed loopback test"?

Kerak

I am without broadband since yesterday morning.

Have a Digiweb dsl3 connection, when reset modem( zyxle prestige 623r model) getting no connection and failed looptest error message from the web configurator screen.

Digiweb say its a eircome line fault, eircome say the line is fine. Now on dial-up ! I need broadband for work!

Broadband in rest of area is fine and the line can make and recieve calls.

Any ideas?

Re: failed loopback test?

Sorry it's not clear, did the problems start after you reset your modem, or did you reset your modem after the problems started?

Had no connection so I rang digiweb, who had me reset modem, and while re configuring it got the failed loopback test

maybe modem was toasted by lightning last night or loose wire in exchange where your dsl is jumpered. Borrow a dsl modem and if the dsl light does not come on its down the exchange.

Also make sure you didn't damage the pins on inserting your cables,a quick way to check is to blow a hot breath(Easier to see) over the pins and see that none of them are pushed up and not making a contact with the cable.

So am still with out broadband, was away for theweek, came back saturday, still failing loopback test, contacted digiweb, an eircom engineer has been assigned but no fix yet.
Any way to contact eircom wholesale directly?

I told digiweb i wasnt well pleased, drop us an email with your complainet was there reply, i wont print mine!
!

When I changed over to Imagine broadband it took a month to get connected because Eircom were playing games...hadn't got an engineer in the area...he was busy...would take some time etc...