Broadband with Dell Inspiron 12500 PP02L

lasno

Hi
My sister has ordered broadband but I am worried that the Laptop she intends to use may be a bit past it now. Its a Dell Inspiron 12500 PP02L.
Would it have a sufficiently large hard drive and enough RAM?
She lives about 120 miles from me so I can not check the details myself.
Thanks for any info.

What are the specs of that laptop - e.g. CPU type and speed, memory, disk space, graphics card/subsystem? What does she use it and broadband for? Chances are any half decent (and maybe even a not even decent like my mother's!) PC/laptop will be fine for general web browsing etc. If she wants to do multimedia stuff, music/movie streaming etc. then that may be a different matter. Broadband of itself does not necessarily put much load on the host machine's resources.

Thanks for the reply. Thats the problem I cant check to see what memory etc it has. She will only be using it for general browsing, email etc.

Sorry didn't see that earlier - can she not check the specs herself (at least do Start -> My Computer -> right click -> Properties -> General to get the CPU type/speed and RAM and also Start -> My Computer -> right click -> Manage -> Disk Management to check the hard disk capacity)?

Chances are if the laptop is sufficient for her offline needs then it will also be OK for her online needs. Note definite of course but likely.

Back