Broadband Provider Magnet?

canman

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about this provider?
Are they new?
They are offering equivalent to NTL digital basic+Broadband(4mb download)+Free local and national calls for €72.99?
Has anyone used them?

thanks is advance
Canman

Just rang them but no look. Must be similar offering to Smart Telecom as said Exchange was not suitable.

Magnet have been sending me some info.

I'm moving office soon and they might be worth considering and by what they are offering they are hungry for business.

Free Instalation, Free Router / Modem / Wirelss Option @ E 75 per month

Anyone use Magnet's Business Service in Cork? (4 MB, Contention Free)

Is 'contention free' broadband all it's cracked up to be?

B

Magnet bought out Netsource (), my home office ISP, last year. Netsource were very good and the service with Magnet has been maintained. Most of the staff seem to have crossed over to Magnet. Support is very good.

I have ADSL managed by Magnet over my Eircom line. I think I pay a small bit more than other ISP, but, in telecoms that premium is worth it for the service.

I must declare that I dealt with Netsource during the course of my job up until recently when I left.

I have heard good things about their customer service which makes a change for this industry

I have been using Magenet for about a year now. The package we have combines 4 MB download speed with free phonecalls (for up 1 hour) to local and national landlines.

There were some problems initially, the main one being that if I was downloading an mp3, it was very diffult to have a phone conversation. We could hear what the caller was saying but the caller could barely hear us. Eventually, after a number of visits from service engineers, the problem was fixed after about 2-3 months.

Overall, we have found the sevice to be good value.

However, we are thinking of switching to the 3 MB package from BT ireland because even though the contention ratio is greater, it will allow us to make free phonecalls to local, national and UK landlines.