Broadband Line Checker

legend99

Urgent question as I sit waiting for eircom complaints. When one does a line check online does that include seeing if there is a free port in the exchange? I confirmed my broadband order on January 12th online, rang today after hearing not a thing back and have been told that the order is non existent but that at this stage there are no ports left in the exchange. I have the order confirmation printed off.
I'm some angry man.

AFAIK, The broadband test only tests if the line is compatible with DSL.(ie if the eircom exchange has the dsl switched on/enabled) And the ports thing i don't think the test covers that.

What is it with eircom and faults? I've had nothing but happy, happy surfing since switching from eircom to Imag!ne.

If i were you i would get magnet broadband, very cheap, no hassle or so i've heard. It's almost as if you've got nothing to lose by moving ISP.

We've had eircom ring us 3 times in the last 4 weeks, wanting us to go back to them and they'll make us a deal. Yeah Right!!! :)

Magnet not in our exchange. Confirmed online order with Eircom on Jan 12. Got no modem from them yet so rang them earlier to be told in no uncertain terms that online orders were different, the phone people didn't know what it meant but they had no record of it, there now wasn't any free ports left in exchange and it was my own tough luck.
What a service.

Anyone know how long it might take for a new port to be created?

Back