Broadband in West Cork

snowy

My friend lives in west Cork a few miles out side Baltimore. She wants to get a landline as theres not a good mobile phone signal. With the landline she was going to get broadband but Eircom says its a no broadband area.

Has anyone any other suggestions other than getting Sky. ( she doesnt really watch tv and doesnt want the expense of something shes not going to use)

Is there anyone based in remote West Cork that has broadband , what do you use?

Any advice appreciated and ill pass on the replys. Obviously she cant get onlne herself

Hi, we live in Dunmanway west Cork. We are getting broadabnd from Rapid Broadband based in Roscarbery. Also, a company in Durras called Digital Forge supply broadband. There is a standard installation fee of 150 euros (from memory), but this varies on distance from where the signal is beamed, and a monthly charge of 24.50 euro for the absic package. We are paying 37.50 euro per month for the 1 GB supply, another family member is getting the 512 mb for 24,50 and there is not to much difference in speed. Pm me if I can help. I have no connection with the above companies. Optimistic