Broadband in Portlaoise

Barnes

I live near Kilminchy in Portlaoise and am wondering what the broadband options are in the area i.e. has anyone got recommendations.

Thanks.

I live in Portlaoise also but at the other end of town, I have BT Broadband, having switched from Eircom for my phone service (i.e. line rental etc). As lamented elsewhere on AAM BTBroadband service is good and technical assistance is fine but billing is horrendous. I know I'm being overcharged but I haven't yet mustered up the will and the patience to sit down and comb through their "bills" to try and sort out the situation and get an idea how much I'm owed. Their customer service is equally apalling, they're aware of the situation but seem uninterested in sorting it out, so I'd steer clear of BT if I were you.

I just got Imagine.ie Broadband in,20 Hours per month for 9.99 anything over that I pay 3.5 cent a minute.Thing is you have to have your phone service with them as well,thats around 11 Euro for unlimited landline calls and no need to hang up after the hour.You can rent the modem 2.99 per month or buy for 45 ,I've only started so I'll let you know how it goes.No connection fee but you need to sign up for 6 months.Suprised Smart are not down here yet.

and you pay them line rental do you not ???

avoid Imagine . Too many sneaky hidden charges for me.

Excuse my ignorance on this topic but just say I get broadband through Eircom I do you still have to pay for calls or is that included in the package?

Barnes said:
Excuse my ignorance on this topic but just say I get broadband through Eircom I do you still have to pay for calls or is that included in the package?

Sorry to say, you still have to pay your calls as normal.

If you get Eircom broadband you'll be connecting through the existing phone line connection. You pay as normal for the line rental and any calls you make from the phone.
You will be able to connect to the BB and recieve calls at the same time.

With a broadband connection you can look into the possibilty of setting up a VOIP, voice over IP, phone line. If you have a look around AAM or through Google you'll get lots of info on this. It uses your broadband connection to make and recieve phone calls. It could save you money depending on your activity and call patterns. You'll still need to pay for your broadband connection.... and line rental if you connect through Eircom, but the cost of the actual calls can be greatly reduced.