Broadband in Kells

BillPoster

I have friends living in the countryside about 6 miles out side Kells Co. Meath. They are relative newcomers to the world of PCs etc. hence why I'm asking this question for them. They would like to get connected with broadband. What are their options - overland line, wireless, satelite. They currently don't have a landline (both too reliant on mobiles) but would consider getting one if that was the best option. Speed & download limits is not that important as it will only be for occasional use, so up front & monthly charges are important.

I've done some looking at various prioviders but its all a bit confusing.

Ta

H

I know people that live about 3/4 miles from Kells, they finally got Eircom BB (land line required). 6 Miles might be too far away though.
Try net1, they claim to have coverage in the area for wireless BB, but seem to have (had) difficulties satisfying demand ( no call back etc). This was half a year back I believe, maybe they have taken on more personnel.

Living "6 miles outside Kells" does not mean that a landline from eircom originates from the telephone exchange in Kells - it could be any town/exchange in a 10 mile radius of Kells !
So, contact eircom, give them your exact location, find out if the exchange is bb-enabled, and if so, would a new line to your residence be capable of delivering bb. (Maybe you could make the bb connection a condition of your agreeing to the landline)
If the exchange is not bb enabled, then contact the wireless bb providers ..........