broadband in Dublin15?

S

seaplant

Hi,

I'm trying to find out what are the diffrent providers offering broadband in Dublin 15. I've been using IOLFree so far, but we are paying a fortune, so it makes sense to get a pakage deal, ideally broadband. Our phone line is with BT, if that matters.

I've checked with BT and UTV and they said broadband is not available for my phone line (apparently it may be the case it is available for your neighbour and not for you?!). Also, my neightbour is using the wireless Irish broadband, and said he was happy with it, but sometmes it doesn't work (I checked on their web site and we are at the very edge of their coverage).

Any other ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you for the links, ClubMan, I'll check them out.

Mmclo, I rang Esat BT, Eircom, UTV and NTL so far, and neither had broadband available form my phone line (which is really strange as I know few people around the estate with brodband connections) Irish broadband had only Breeze, which is a bit expensive for me. Also, East said I can get flat line rate package (not broadband) but they ask for 3 months notice when you want to cancel, which I think is ridiculous, considering you don't get any trail.

rang Esat BT, Eircom, UTV and NTL so far, and neither had broadband available form my phone line

Note that ntl: only do cable broadband and not ADSL or the like.

Also, East said I can get flat line rate package (not broadband)

Esat? If this is their flat-rate dial-up package (similar packages are offered by other telcos) then it's not really comparable to broadband as you mention above.

What difference does it make, unless you don't have cable already??

Modem etc. is free, they rang me about 6/7 times trying to sell it.

Would definitely get it but not working from home anymore so have to think a bit more about the benefit to me personally.