Broadband in Cork

Ned_ie

Hi all

I'm trying to find out when (if ever) Eircom are going to upgrade our exchange to braodband. It seems every exchange around us in north cork has been upgraded except ours!

Any advice as to where I can find this?

Thanks

er...ring Eircom?

I have rang eircom several times and all they can tell me is whether the exchange in due for up grade in the current quarter. (Jan-Mar, April-Jun, July-Sept, October-December). The new list comes out early each quarter.

ajapale said:
The new list comes out early each quarter.

its a meaningless list in a way. It says your exchange will be done but not when it will be done because they keep falling behind .

Well if eircom can't tell you when they will upgrade their exchange then nobody else can. Unless of course it is an exchange in which other providers can install their equipment in which case you should call them.

I called Eircom numerous times and was told:
1st time - my exchange doesn't exist adn therefore nor does my number - and yet they send me a bill every month!
2nd time - the exchange has been upgraded but is not available to peolpe more than 4 miles from the exchange. they then corrected themselves and said the echange was not upgraded but would be done in March
3rd time - "how are we supposed to know when the exchange will be upgraded - that's the technicians job" - was transferred and cut off.
4th time - not enough call for the exchange to be upgraded despite the fact that everyone in the village has petitioned on that government website!!!!

So you see my problem!!!!

By wireless I assume you mean the satellite option. Way too expensive for domestic use.

Ajapal - where did you get the list?

Hi Ned_ie,

Sorry, I never got the list. The Eircom girl at the end of the line told me shed tell me if my exchange was on the list or not!

Aj