Broadband By Electricity

IrishGunner

Hi

Anyone ever use one of these

[broken link removed]

Would seem to be a good way if I wanted to move my pc other than wireless?

Available in Ireland anywhere ?

That's not broadband. It's Local Area Networking via the electrical mains. There are other manufacturers/vendors of such gear. I think Maplin might sell something similar. If I'm not mistaken the bandwidth/speed can be limited compared to wireless (802.11g) or wired (802.3 ethernet) alternatives but it might be suitable in some circumstances. I'd be more inclined to stick to wireless myself unless the premises had problems with the 2.4GHz signals.

Sorry should have worded it differently

So the speeds would not be that good as wireless? Trying to set up an ftp server so users can upload files and with wireless its difficult enough to do the whole portfowarding stuff, have looked at websites

Just when I had the modem plugged into PC could set an ftp server up but since gone wireless can't

Thought this might do

Ah well thanks for the input

Upload files on the LAN or to/from external locations? Are you sure the problems in this area are related to the specific medium (wireless) in use? Replacing the LAN medium (e.g. electricity mains networking instead of wireless) to circumvent such issues seems a bit drastic.

Mates upload files rather than send them via mms or email them

Using Bulletproof ftp server and went into this site to set up dynamic/ static ip not sure which......

Also went into Portfoward to forward ports for my router [broken link removed]

But somehow cannot get it to work??

Old zyxel modem I had previously I had no problem setting it up just when I went wireless

Still trying...........