Broadband, 2 computers, and phonewatch

Squonk

I'm thinking of getting broadband. I have two computers. I have Eircom phonewatch. Can I get both computers to access the Internet independently and without screwing up the Phonewatch? How many splitters do I need and can I install them myself. (PS I know there were previous posting on this in the past but they didn't seem to answer my query)

it's be a good idea to check with PhoneWatch, seem to recall others here saying it doesn't work over broadband lines.

I have rang Phonewatch and they say I need to get a splitter, for €85! This is clear enough but what happens when I add in the additional complication of hooking up two computers.

I believe Eircom will charge you around €99 to install their own broadband if you are also a Phonewatch customer which strikes me as pretty ridiculous (given that youi are already paying them for Phonewatch-so not much of an incentive to get Eircom broadband!). Most (all?) other companies will do the same, but that makes more sense.

There is a DIY method on boards.ie that could save you around €100.

If wireless BB was availalbe in your area, that would mean you dont need to worry about eircom or phonewatch splitters blah blah blah!!

Wexfordman