broadband 12 month contract

denise1234

Hi, I'm just wondering can anyone clarify the following for me.

In August I upgraded my broadband connection with Imagine and this upgrade was subject to a 12 month contract.

In December an Eircom sales guy called to my house and was giving me wireless broadband and calls bundle for same price or slightly cheaper than Imagine. I told him about the contract with Imagine and he said that no one was allowed to do that. Anyway to cut a long story short i signed up as got laptop so wanted wireless.

Phone package changed over no problem but no sign of anything for broadband. Tried contacting Eircom several times and eventually was told that order for broadband did not go though for some reason and lady re-ordered it. Signed forms to change over again and just tried Eircom automated line for their order status and told no orders pending for my phone.

Does anyone know can companies have contracts or was Eircom guy right? Hopefully will get answer here so won't have to spend next week on hold to Eircom!!
Cheers

I don't really know for definite but, Eircom rang me and tried to get me back with Eircom from Imagine.
I told him there was a 12 month contract with imagine with 9 month remaining, he said it was no problem but i didnt trust him, because he was from eircom.
I rang Imagine next day and asked them could i move back to eircom.
The lady on the phone was basically laughing at me, asking me "what do u think a contract is for". This is the exact responce i expected from them.:)

If you manage any different from this ^^ please let me know.

thats what i figured but just wanted to double check. do imagine do wireless broadband does anyone know? is contract with package i have or just with imagine. might as well change phone back as well so.....
should have known never to trust a salesman :D

Hi, I'm just wondering can anyone clarify the following for me.

In August I upgraded my broadband connection with Imagine and this upgrade was subject to a 12 month contract.

In December an Eircom sales guy called to my house and was giving me wireless broadband and calls bundle for same price or slightly cheaper than Imagine. I told him about the contract with Imagine and he said that no one was allowed to do that. Anyway to cut a long story short i signed up as got laptop so wanted wireless.

Phone package changed over no problem but no sign of anything for broadband. Tried contacting Eircom several times and eventually was told that order for broadband did not go though for some reason and lady re-ordered it. Signed forms to change over again and just tried Eircom automated line for their order status and told no orders pending for my phone.

Does anyone know can companies have contracts or was Eircom guy right? Hopefully will get answer here so won't have to spend next week on hold to Eircom!!
Cheers

Have had the same problem with Eircom losing my order

In December an Eircom sales guy called to my house and was giving me wireless broadband and calls bundle for same price or slightly cheaper than Imagine.
Just for your own knowledge, he wasn't offering "Wireless Broadband". Your connection is still through DSL (the phone line) you'd just add a "wireless router" to the setup to allow you connect to the broadband wirelessly.

Any DSL connection can be connected to wirelessly using a router like this. Eircom bundle one with the setup, but you can use the exact same setup to connect to your Imagine connection wirelessly if you buy the router yourself.

Google (or search AAM) for "wireless router" and you'll get the details you need on the device.

On a similar note , I changed my phone & data service from BT to Eircom so I could swith to another provider.
Looking at the contract I now see it is for 6 months. On the back is a check list of things the customer should be advised of. None of these are checked. Do I have a right to break from this contract.?

On a similar note , I changed my phone & data service from BT to Eircom so I could swith to another provider.
Looking at the contract I now see it is for 6 months. On the back is a check list of things the customer should be advised of. None of these are checked. Do I have a right to break from this contract.?

You should have checked the terms and conditions. I would have thought.

Hands up.. Guilty as charged. Just never bothered because of the way you have to switch back to eircom first. Not to worry 6 months is not too long.

Hands up.. Guilty as charged. Just never bothered because of the way you have to switch back to eircom first. Not to worry 6 months is not too long.

These days they try to catch you every which way grrrr..

BTW I am still waiting on my wireless modem... There might be a way out yet. LOL

Just never bothered because of the way you have to switch back to eircom first.
Are you sure you need to do that?

Imagine bb allows me to get rid of them for a fee of €100, and notice of 90 days.
But it's probably better to wait it out. And you can't lose money with any BB package with any ISP in the end.

For single billing yes...
I believe thios whole issue is still tied up in the courts with com reg.

Back