Britney's Second Divorce

Darth Vader

Well, it only lasted 2 years and the youngest child is only 2 months old but the papers have been lodged for the divorce.

Dont think anyone could be too surprised. Still, divorced twice (technically I think the first one was annulled) with 2 kids by the age of 25.

Re: Britneys Second Divorce

The obsession with celebrity is beyond me - this divorce was one of the top 'news' stories this morning on TV.

Another one that made the radio news was that Paris Hilton is being treated for severe bruising following a shopping spree during which she bumped her body with so many bags that she ended up black and blue all over.

Are we being fed what the media thinks we want to hear or does the general public really want to hear such tripe? :(

Re: Britneys Second Divorce

The obsession with celebrity is beyond me - this divorce was one of the top 'news' stories this morning on TV.

Another one that made the radio news was that Paris Hilton is being treated for severe bruising following a shopping spree during which she bumped her body with so many bags that she ended up black and blue all over.

Are we being fed what the media thinks we want to hear or does the general public really want to hear such tripe? :(

Consider

1. Britney and her ilk are for morons.
2. Advertisers like morons - they buy lots of stuff!!
3. Our media is inundated with stories about Britney, Victoria, Simon etc to attract advertisers.
4. While reading about Britney, morons see adverts for stuff they don't have.
5. Morons buy the stuff advertised with Britney.

The end result is a dumbing down of all media, not just the ones that peddle this nonsense.

Apparently she won't be looking for spousal support/maintenance.

I wonder will he ?

I guess once he's free of his marital commitments, he can devote himself full-time to his career as a rapper ?

I feel sorry for anyone in this situation but I don't know the woman so it won't keep me up at night. I find things like this more upsetting (the 1.2 million children that are sold into servitude/salvery every year) . The Americans report on this sort of thing all the time but the high brow superior Irish media don't seem to consider it news worthy.

Although I did start the post, I do agree that our interest in the lives of so-called celebrities is way beyond logic. Why should the fact that Paris Hilton has a bruise have any interest to us? I can understand people being interested in the fashion aspect of it - the clothes that celebrities wear etc, although that can be taken to a whole other level as well.

Surely the media wouldnt continually bombard us with this stuff if there wasnt any market for it. So instead of concentrating on our own lives we read about the inane detail of people we will never meet and should really have no interest in anyway.

Part of the problem, as you perceive it, is in your choice of media. If you read tabloid papers or watch tabloid TV, then you get what you choose.

Part of the problem, as you perceive it, is in your choice of media. If you read tabloid papers or watch tabloid TV, then you get what you choose.

But even quality media (BBC etc) feels the pressure to give these people exposure. Is this because of the way the business works - Showbiz Agent says to Quality Media "if you do not publicise Britney, you do not get access to my other clients" ??

Back