British Open - Carnoustie, Scotland

denise1234

Hi, Considering going to the British Open in July. Has anyone been to Carnoustie before? What airport is nearest to it?
Also does anyone know of any travel agents/ companies here that offer package golf trips to championships. Any I've seen on net seem to be from the States.

Still checking this out. From what i see on net edinburgh seems to be nearest airport but don;t know what transport is like from there to carnoustie - not familiar with scotland at all!
any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

I've been to Carnoustie three times, the 1999 Open and twice before that year to play the course. On each occassion we organised our own trip. We flew to Edinburgh on each occassion and hired a car and stayed in Dundee. There are many towns within an easy commute of Carnoustie where you might be able to get accommodation - have a look at [broken link removed], pick out the links course and take a birds eye view :D. When we were playing Carnoustie we drove to the course but when going to the Open championship we got the train. Trains go from Edinburgh to Aberdeen via Carnoustie if that's any good to you ie you could get accommodation close to the line and get the train to the golf.

Back