Bringing child's friend on hols.

Red2

Hi all,a relative of mine wants to bring his son's friend on holidays to Spain with them.Does anyone know what is needed e.g letter from parents or is childs passport sufficient? Thanks.

One of our children went on holiday with friends. We gave them her E11 card and our vhi details. We also typed up a letter stating that in the event of a medical emergency, they had permission from us to get the relevant treatment. Thankfully, the forms weren't needed. Naturally she had her own passport and we had her well versed in what not to carry on a flight etc. Other than that, we told her to make herself useful and to move out of earshot in the event of a family disagreement!!! She had a great time.

The child is a minor,and my sister in law is anxious about having all legal aspects covered.My nephew is an only child and wants his friend with him.Thanks Brianne for the advice.

Brianne has covered everything. One of my teenagers has been lucky to go abroad to a friend's family villa for the past three years. E11, VHI and in locum parentis letter covers everything. It's a great experience in independence for them .... for us: the master credit card gets burnt in Dad's wallet!

Do'nt forget to ask if there are any allergies/health needs/medications.

May save you a trip to local A/E emergency sevices.

Also, if there are any family ground rules, best get those understood and agreed on at an early stage of the holiday.

Hope they have a great holiday, and lots of happy memories.