Brian Kennedy reading the National Anthem

D

Diddles

Was embarrassed as hell when watching yesterdays match that Brian Kennedy did not know the words of the National Anthem.We must look like right moron's when the guy singing for Ireland in the Eurovision does not even know the words of our own Anthem.

d

Watching 'wee' Brian Kennedy reading/singing anything is enough to make me cringe (at the very least)! :D

DrMoriarty said:
Watching 'wee' Brian Kennedy reading/singing anything is enough to make me cringe (at the very least)! :D

Totally agreed, pity I missed his 'performance'

Diddles said:
We must look like right moron's when the guy singing for Ireland in the Eurovision does not even know the words of our own Anthem.
I think we look like right morons when we can't write English proper.

When it comes to anthem gaffes (gaffe's?) [broken link removed] is what a real plonker looks like!

Can anyone tell me how Marcus Horan is getting on? The incident in which he got injured looked horrific, but there has been no mention on the news over here (UK) of his condition.

BillK said:
Can anyone tell me how Marcus Horan is getting on? The incident in which he got injured looked horrific, but there has been no mention on the news over here (UK) of his condition.

Eddie O' Sullivan (not to be confused with hobbs) said he would be grand on tv yesterday evening

The great-and-good Eddie has gone on record, saying 'He's fine'.

A lot of Munster fans are wondering whether he'll really be OK for the truly important Heineken Cup matches still to be played... ;)

Diddles said:
Was embarrassed as hell when watching yesterdays match that Brian Kennedy did not know the words of the National Anthem.We must look like right moron's when the guy singing for Ireland in the Eurovision does not even know the words of our own Anthem.

d

How do you know he didnt know them? Maybe he was referring to it..

I dont know it....all.

BM

It's not as embarrassing as Ireland's Call.

As one texter to Newtalk 106 said

"I like Ireland's Call. But then again I'm a ******".

I also cringed when I heard that tuneless, moronic pap filling the grounds.

I'm all for moving away from the anachronistic militancy of the Fianna... 'anthem', but surely somebody, somewhere could have come up with better than that? :eek:

Diddles said:

d

But isn't it the case that it's not his national anthem? Being from Belfast and all. I wouldn't know the words of God Save the Queen.

brodiebabe said:
I thought Brian Kennedy sang the anthem beautifully (and I certainly not a fan of his!)

I can genuinely say I'm shocked at that statement.

One very interesting point in rugby of course. If they build the stadium in the North on the maize prison site then the IRFU will almost certainly have to play a friendly up there. Which means i think that in theory the 2 songs before the match would be God Save the Queen as the home anthem and Irelands Call as the unified song.
In fact, we didn't play anthems at home until a few years ago to avoid that when England came they'd play GSTQ as their away anthem. All this when England alone were the only team who would play Ireland in Dublin around the time of the bombs at the start of the seventies as I recall....

DrMoriarty said:
I'm all for moving away from the anachronistic militancy of the Fianna... 'anthem', but surely somebody, somewhere could have come up with better than that? :eek:

Somebody on boards suggested that everyone should adopt the Italian National Anthem.

Fine with me.

CCOVICH said:
Somebody on boards suggested that everyone should adopt the Italian National Anthem.

Fine with me.

yeah its quite ear-friendly alright

Back