Break-in - window smashed

Markjbloggs

Just found my car was broken into last night - front side window broken, nothing taken. Nothing left in the car, this was done for pure spite.

Approx what is the replacement cost for front side window in 2002 Laguna? I presume going through the insurance compay is a waste of time as they will just bump up my premium.

Check your policy. They're getting more and more flexible these days but the old rule of thumb was that if the repair came in at less than the excess, then just have it done yourself.

Had to do the same a couple of years ago with an Octavia and it was €130 fitted. Wouldn't say it has changed that much.

Same as that - had to get side window - about 120e. I think my excess on insurance was 180e so even if i wanted the insurance to do it, they wouldnt have.

Had my front passenger window broken in a theft about week ago - bloody messy!!! However, have full comprehensive cover on windscreen and windows so cost me nothing to have to replaced, simple call to Autoglass and full repair next day - check your policy. If you fully comp then you may already be covered.

Back