breach of guardianship

danois

My ex has decided to move and only told me the day before she left. She also told me that the new house was only 20 min extra drive. the first month she was there she didnt answer a single phone call or text i had no contact at all with my daughter. Eventually she did get in touch and I went on the 50 min drive to see him it used to be 30 min she said new house was 20 min further, well 2 and half hours later i arrive at her new house.

We spoke and the plan was to keep him in his original school and I was to pick him up on a Fri and drop him off on a Mon so the fact that they moved didnt bother me too much, Now I find out she has gotten him into the local school where she lives and she has refused to drive any of the time i get him has even refused to meet me half way.

Can I go back to court and force her to do some of the travelling or will the onus be on me as the father to do it all.

Thanks in advance for any help/advise

Danois

Hi there,

A friend of mine split with his ex. He is in Dublin and she is in Munster. He went to court and the Judge ruled that they both share the travel. He collects one weekend and she drops the child up the next.

Go to court and explain the situation to the judge

Good luck

Are you actually referring to your daughter or your son?