Bratislava, what currency to bring?

uroman

I am heading to Bratislava in a few weeks for a stag do and was wondering what is the best currency to bring. I phoned my bank asking for Slovakian Koruna and they said they don't keep them and to bring US Dollars. I would have thought it would be better to take the local currency.
Anybody with any experience here?

Bring Euro's . No major problems. Most hotels will allow you pay in euro. There are plenty of money exchange booths around town to get some local currency at best rates.

Sorry I also ment to add that it's no use exchanging too much as Irish banks will not change it back to euro on your return home.

Don't use money exchange booths unless absolutely necessary - most of them charge ridiculous commission - even or especially the places that advertise "0% commission" - which of course is hidden in the pathetic rates they offer.

Bring a float of Euro to tide you by at the start and use ATMs to withdraw from your (preferably pre-loaded) credit card account.

We just used the atm's over there, try to go in as few trips as possible because you'll be charged by your bank each time...

Back