Brand new Dell doesnt work (help!)

Do you have to tell them you added new software?I would just tell them it doesn't work as per your explanation below and send it back...even though it's refurbished there will still be warranty coverage on it.I work for a Electronic repair and refurbish company and we see this all the time.The only time we ever question customer returns is when it's physically been tampered with or damaged.You'll have no hassle just send it back tell them it stopped working you didn't do anything etc.

Harvey.

Ring the support team and explain you problem.
There should be no issue.The computer is obviously not doing what it should and needs to be fixed.......
Make sure you get the name of the support person you are speaking to in case further action is needed...

Let us know how you get on ...

I would assume "original state" applies to the hardware and not the software installed. If the PC is not working then you should use the services of the (standard or enhances) support agreement sold with the PC to rectify matters.

Forgot to reply. Had to open the casing and move the power button which had got stuck. Machine powered up and then changed the BIOS settings. Thanks for your help. I don't know myself since I got my new PC. My windows is fully updated and patched, AV & Firewalls up to date. All I need is to buy a new monitor. Looking at a 17 inch flat screen, Dell or BenQ from Komplett ?

Back