Brakes Squeeking

pussycat

My brakes have been making a sqeeking noise and the last week its getting worse. Someone in work told me i just need brake pads does anyone know how much is it to get them fixed in a garage???

normally its a signal for a new pad if it haven't been replaced for some time.

its starting from €50-€100 a pair depending model of the car..
u cna get it done in Kiwk-fit or advance pit stop..its a quick job..

brakes are important so do get it done soon!

Around €100. Price should not be a deciding factor with brakes just get them done!! Thats all you have when you need to stop.

so its def brake pads i need just so i know when im going in you know what these mechanics are like when women go in.

just go in and tell them u need brake pad replaced.
how long have they been changed since? worst is the brake disc need to be changed as well, they cost like €90 each..

Can you get a male friend/work colleague to bring it to garage for you? You could get the"discs need replacing because your a woman"speel. Failing that you could say that your brother/father hadn't time to bring the car so you drew the short straw to bring his pride and joy to the garage.Tell them to ring you if there's anything extra needed.Keep us posted pussycat

Noise in brakes could be a lot, Depends on car, age, milage, road surface.
It could be Brake pads, It could need pads and disc's, It could be just a build up of brake dust and in the damp weather like now has clumped together and is making the noise or it could be a stone behind a calliper touching the disc when brakes applied. Best thing to do is as your afraid of being ripped off, Bring to a garage ask them to take a look and see while you wait, get the price of it, if it sounds expensive say no or ask to have a look and see and bring it some where else and see if they give you the same story. What type of car and year and milage are you at?

i bought the car the end of october it was a private sale i had someone check it and it was fine he had it serviced in september.

You could be looking at them all so. V.W. genuine pads €58.15 plus fitting and vat, €68.16 x2 for disc again plus vat and lab.
Usually no more than an hour to do all, Worst case all in, In a main V.W. dealer €300.17, that incl all parts listed above and labour and vat.
Best thing to do bring it in and see.

Back