boylesports free bet

G

Guest127

around this time of year I usually lodge €50/60 by credit card with paddy power and just to have an interest each saturday do a combination bet on the uk weeekend footie coupons. the bet varies from week to week to week. but usually I bet around €10. I never had to top up the 'fund' as most weeks i got a tickle and anyway I only do it for fun so the betting was never serious. however after a poster on this thread mentioned free bets if you opened an account, this year I switched to boylesports and their blurb stats that you can have up to €100 in free bets when you join up. the small print is that this €100 is the max and its spread out over a number of bets. they match your first bet up to a maximum of €25 and on the tenth bet they match the average of your last 10 bets up to a max of €25 etc up to a maximum of 4 times. this I understand. So on Saturday when I was doing my little bet I decided I might as well bet €25 to get the maximum free bet. I picked 9 games and did a combination of 4's which cost 31.50. I won around €70 and thought boylesports would match my bet up to a max of €25 - in other words another winning bet of around €55 but on checking the balance tonight I notice that boylesports just added €25 to the kitty. I thought matching a bet meant that they put on the money as well. I am not really complaining. €25 free is €25 free but its the wording that caught me out. anyone else have any views on this one? I also know that in around 9 weeks time I will only be getting a free tenner as the bets are only for :) fun and it does make you take a keener interest in the lower leagues as you search out for winners. In the past 3 years the world cup, the euro championships etc were usually the downfall of the 'fund' but I get the whole year out of the first deposit. downside is that I never withdraw, though I was tempted two years ago but as I wanted to bet on the tournament in Portugal I left a fairly healthy kitty in place and was flying until Zidane scored that winner:( against poor old blighty in last second. After that it was all downhill as I never forsaw Greece :confused: winning any games never mind the tournament.

cuchulainn said:
I thought matching a bet meant that they put on the money as well.

According to Boylesports webpage:

"when you place your first bet, we will match your stake with a free bet balance to the max value of Eur25."

I had to read it twice or 3 times to see the sting. It really must have been worded to fool people. Matching your stake is not the terminology they should be using. Plenty of people will be caught out by this.

Though I have no doubt someone will tell me there's nothing wrong with it!

hi Podgerodge; My first understanding was that they gave €25 credit ( if you bet €25 or greater on first bet) . my second reading was that they would match first stake ( max €25) and when you look again at the wording of the final €25 it looks that way. However thats not what they do. they increase the credit by €25. I suppose its like everything else. If I had placed a losing bet on Saturday I would be delighted with the €25 but the wording sure is confusing.
cheers
Apologies Brendan. Couldn't remember where I saw the post on all the free bets you could have by moving around. Next year we will see if VC ;) can confuse us.

There is no doubt whatsoever that they are trying to fool people into thinking its a matched bet.

Any crowd that try to pull the wool over your eyes deserves to be ignored.

I wonder how many more of these "free bet" offers are also either convoluted to claim or straightforward scams?

Ive yet to see a "matched bet" when signing up with any online bookie. The norm is to refund the first initial bet up to a certain amount. e.g. I opened a vic chandler account last xmas with 40e upon first bet, I deposited 40e and upon my first wager (which was 40e), about 15 mins later, 40e was deposited back to my account. Im with 4 online bookies and all employed same intro offers. none offered what cuchulainn interpreted. Will admit tho that the way boyle sports phrased it, is not helpful. I had the 40e on chelsea to win all 4 trophys. was 110/1 at the time. Wasnt happy with liverpool atallatall.

sick as a parrot as they say in scouse. I suspect Clubman is rite about about convoluted free bets but I do have the €25 in my account. It was just the wording that threw me.
cheers

podgerodge said:
According to Boylesports webpage:

"when you place your first bet, we will match your stake with a free bet balance to the max value of Eur25."

I had to read it twice or 3 times to see the sting. It really must have been worded to fool people. Matching your stake is not the terminology they should be using. Plenty of people will be caught out by this.

Though I have no doubt someone will tell me there's nothing wrong with it!
There's nothing wrong with it. Effectively the first bet, up to €25 is free.

theoretically not. but it is designed to decieve.

you can pick
"when you place your first bet, we will match your stake" suggests adding it to the bet

And what the hell is a "free bet balance" ? Most people would surely say "we'll add the value of your first stake to your account balance"

The 2nd paragraph of boylesports blurb 'after a further 10 bets with boylesports.com we will match you average stake to a max. of 25 euro/stg.
its the word 'match' thats the confuser. why dont they just say they will add (as Podgerodge says) your average stake to you account.
anyway its it up me to make the €25 pay its way. Brave bet Car, €4,440sure would have been a sweet return. But you were lucky against Barca if unlucky against the Pool.

ClubMan said:
I wonder how many more of these "free bet" offers are also either convoluted to claim or straightforward scams?

Hi Clubman

As you know, I put that thread togeather.

I have personally done & completed every single one of those offers, been paid out on all wins with the various bookies, collected the various offers from each site successfully & also been paid all Rpoints which converts to the free €145 I've mentioned in the post. I've also previously mentioned, I'm an Administrator at Rpoints, so if anyone is having a problem with the offer, feel free to get in touch with me directly & I'll do all I can to help :)

Granted, some of the promotions offered at various bookies regarding free bets are more complicated than others. I guess thats them trying to cover themselves legally, and maybe reduce the risk of potential loss on the offers etc. I doubt most of these are purposely trying to deceive anyone, lets face it many are household names, quoted companies etc.

Also, I do agree some of the terms & conditions are badly worded and people who do not play at various bookies regularly, in particular, may fall victum to misunderstandings.

I'd respectfully suggset, anyone who is consider these new sign ups and is unsure about a particular offer, term or condition just send an e-mail directly to the site in question asking for clarification before signing up.

Cheers

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

How much hard cash in hand do you get from this exercise as opposed to in kind in some other form? Do you get €145 in cash at the end of it?

ok. Last week I 'deposited' €50 from my credit card with Boylesports. Put on €31.50 on first bet. Won €70, Boylesports added €25 to my account. credit balance this morning around €110. but shown as two seperate figures €85 and €25. So I put on a bet today for €25.50 (126 quads at 20c) and rechecked the balance and it now showing as €60 & €25. So they didnt take todays bet out of the 'free' kitty. As far as I can see either I will have to lose all my 'own' money before we move into the free bets or I will have to withdraw all my 'own' money and just leave their 'free' bet money there to continue on with. I am tempted to try and find out if that will work but will wait to see how todays effort pans out first.

Not a great day at the office. €27.85 return for my €25.50 stake.
preston and bradford to win and barnet to draw let me down so I cant yet try and withdraw enough of my 'own' cash to start using 'their' stake for my bets. There's always next week. and so far I am (still) ahead on my own money.

Garrettod said:
Yes
(subject to fluctuations in exchange rates, given Rpoints is only paying out in GBP£ at the moment)
So it is hard cash and not points that are redeemable against purchases or anything like that?

does anyone know when france are playing the faroe islands? if i stick all the kitty on france and they win I will be able to see if boylesports seperate the two winning bets, ie 'my' cash and 'their' free bet. that way it will be obvious if its impossible to actually draw down this freebie or if it's just there to be lost.

ClubMan said:
So it is hard cash and not points that are redeemable against purchases or anything like that?

Hi Clubman,

Yes that is correct. The fixed exchange rate is 1 Rpoint equals GBP£0.01 (1 penny) & you can cash out once you've got over (I think) £10 worth, so no serious constraints. Thats the entire point actually, its better than being forced to trade points for a limited supply of goods & services, at a fixed selection of retailers.

Try some of these & let me know how you get on: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=13123

cuchulainn

Take a quick peep at the bookies terms & conditons before you do this. While it's likely to be a "safe bet", some bookies have a small term where the free cash can't be bet on an odds on favourite, can't recall the rules for Boyle off the top of my head, but give them a shout if your not sure & let them confirm via e-mail to you.

In some cases, the bookies have no restrictions on when you can place the free bet etc (think sportingbet is one of these from memory) so you can just stick it on an odds on favourite & collect the dosh (assuming it wins :))

Another option used by some, is to use a few of the free bets at different sites and cover the various possibilities (such as win, lose or draw for football bets) - ensuring some profit from the free bets, throughout the entire exercise.

Cheers

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

Back