Bowling Shoes: why not steel toe-capped?

dodo

I brought my children bowling for the first time, great day had by all (I won) But just a thought why are bowling shoes not steel capped,

Re: Bowling Shoes

It’s so that you can do that graceful follow through up on one leg without pinching your toes.
Also as bowling is such a violent sport (?) it is not considered safe to provide shoes that can double as weapons during a melee.

I brought my children bowling for the first time, great day had by all (I won) But just a thought why are bowling shoes not steel capped,
You do realise that you're not supposed to kick the ball down the lane? Are you sure that you won fair and square?

Oh that might have something to do with the broken toes,
but really what if a ball fell on to a childs toes or worst still mine
You do realise that you're not supposed to kick the ball down the lane? Are you sure that you won fair and square?

I am glad to say I am a father who is not lazy,ie put on xbox or whatever, I like to take them outside the house and do something more than just sit down and eat sweets which will make them fat
Good idea. It's a well known fact that US bowlers are finely honed athletes. You should bring them playing darts as well while you're at it. Great game.

dammit. Just for a second, I thought the OP was talking about lawn bowls

Used to enjoy a game in the summer months. Never seen a bowling green here though.