Bought Sony Home Cinema System Kielys Problem

shrek

Hi All,
SORRY THIS IS LONG WINDED BUT CUSTOMER WAS NOT KING IN THIS SITUATION.
We bought a Sony Home Cinema System in Kielys Electrical in Summer 2005 the room we purchased the system for was only completed in Dec 05
so we left the system boxed and all in spare room until ready for use. Opened and setup druing the xmas holidays much to 3years old delight put on a dvd for them and within 2 mins of DVD going on the unit powered of and would not work. When were amazed so kept trying and ther unit kept powering itself off. So off to Kielys with us the following day explained to the Sales Rep and he saw what the problem was himself when setup the DVD player so he said it seems like electrical fault. He advised he would have to send away for repair. We said OK he advised if they could not repair then we would get replacement no problem. THis was 2nd Jan 06. Hubbie called each week to get an update on the situation and was fobbed off each time saying unit was still in repair
on 1th Feb he finally went into store and requested to speak to Manger who advised unit would be back in a few days. The manager called him on 17th Feb to say unit was back from Repair. Went to Kielys on Sun 19th Feb and was advised by Sales Rep we could not collect our unit from repair as Stores only opened Mon - Sat so after complaining we left the store empty handed and I returned on SATurday the Sales Rep retrieved DVD player from Stores and Plugged in into to check and YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE DVD STILL NOT REPAIRED STILL POWERING OFF. LOST THE REASON AND ASKED FOR MANAGER. WHO INFORMED ME THE UNIT WENT BACK TO SONY AND WITH SONY PRODUCTS UNFORTUNATELY WERE NOT REPAIRED BY THEMSELVES DIRECTLY BUT BY SONY ENGINEEERS SO HE FELT THE ONUS WAS NO ON THEM. ADVISED UNDER SALE OF GOODS ACT THEY WERE LIABLE. AFTER MUCH ARGUING I STOOD MY GROUND HE WOULC NOT GIVE ME ANYTHING IN WRITING OFFERING ME A NEW DVD SYSTEM BUT VERBALLY PROMISED TO ORDER A NEW SYSTEM FOR US AND WOULD CALL US WHEN IT ARRIVES!!!!!!
COULD NOT BELEIVE THE SERVICE WE GOT FROM THEM AND FOR A MANAGER IN THAT POSITION HE WAS NO WAY APOLOGETIC AND
I AM NO WRITING TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR WE ARE SO ANNOYED AT THE SERVICE AND RESPONSE WE GOT..... ANY OF U HAVE PROBLEMS AS SUCH AM I RIGHT TO SAY THE ONUS IS ON KIELYS AS THEY SOLD US THE PRODUCT WHICH NEVER WORKED FROM DAY ONE!!!
WHAT CAN I DO APART FROM ISSUING LETTER OF COMPLAINT?/
THKS

similiar happened to me but with a different store(harvey normans).wife bought a dvd burner in summer and didn't use it till xmas.would not work!!! she brought it back and they fobbed her off saying where is your receipt or proof of purchase as we only kept the original box.

so anyway the bull(myself) went in with her.proof of purchase was asked from me...........i stood my ground replied..why can you not use ref # from box and approx date to trace the sale. she was gobbsmacked.continued to stand my ground saying i'm not leaving without one and finally they choked and gave me a brand spanking new burner.

my advice.....stand your ground.............get yourself a new system.do not accept a replacement!!!!!!

Ehm, STOP SHOUTING, for one? :rolleyes:

Your contract is with Kielys, notwithstanding 'your' delay. If the unit is faulty, they must replace or refund within a reasonable time limit.

Write them a letter of complaint, listing all the dates/events, and indicate that you expect some better satisfaction from them within two weeks or you will lodge a claim against them in the Small Claims Court.

I'd be very surprised if they don't respond appropriately — they're a long-established business in Limerick and they don't need bad PR...

stop shouting..............would you be calm in such a situation!!! stand your ground.irish are renowned for being walked upon

Hi Folks
The Manager in Kielys must have felt guilty after me sreaming shop down on Saturday. Hubbie called looking to speak to him yest and He has offered to replace the system.
We have to bring back the complete home cinema system and he will give us new one!!
So we will wait to see what happens.........I will have my complaint letter ready to go just in case.
But wont be making any future purchases there I can tell u.

goodman shrek.......sometimes you must do so to get attention or even get heard.BRAVO!

Back