Bought a new car with small dent

satin

Hi All,
I just bought a new car and collected it today. When i reached home, only then i noticed there is a small dent near the front wheel.
My excitement went down the drain
I have signed all the contracts n all. What can i do now ?

I certainly be going to see the sales fella tomorow? What shall i say/do ????

Any input be of great help!!
Kind Regards
S Murphy

Tell them that you're not happy with it and what you want done to rectify the situation (refund, discount, repair etc.)? Not sure how you're going to prove to them that it was there when you bought it though!

Thanks clubman! I have pictures of it...even on their own site showing the same car without dent! There was no dent at the place where there is one now...
And rest its all about trust.. i spent a fortune and time to get this one.. and i feel cheated..i
Fair enough at 55 yrs young i be the last one to spot the small dent like this... it was only me son in law who noticed it.

What more shall i say to em(guy who sold me this car)

Regards
S Murphy

ps: car was a demo model only 3 months old

ps: car was a demo model only 3 months old
So it's not actually brand new as implied by your original post (at least by my reading)? Perhaps it was sold like most second hand cars - as seen? In which case it was up to you to inspect it for cosmetic defects and because you didn't you may not have any statutory grounds for come back but, if that is the case, don't let that stop you haggling. Check www.consumerconnect.ie in case I am wrong and there is some law on your side here. Apart from that if the dent is small and not that serious and you cannot get any sort of recompense then maybe it's better to just forget about it?

Thanks clubman!

One thing i dont understand is why this sales person didnt mention about it... If i went to some joe blog garage then its different case.. I went to reputable dealer..

Its a shame...taking advantage like that...

Any more input be more than welcome..
Regards
S Murphy

Thanks clubman! I have pictures of it...even on their own site showing the same car without dent!

I understand your deception....but your above statement implies it was done after you had left the forecourt as the car did not have any dent on their site.

satin...maybe the dealership didn't know about it either? Maybe it happened the day you were collecting it..some junior mechanic knocked it and kept quiet...Go back and have a chat with them...see what they say..

satin...maybe the dealership didn't know about it either? Maybe it happened the day you were collecting it..some junior mechanic knocked it and kept quiet...Go back and have a chat with them...see what they say..

Thanks Lauren,
Went in and spoke to dealer, he was as surprised as me...coz he was not aware of it either...n does say car went for cleaning before it was handed over.. He called everyone left right centre and organised an appointment to sort this one out..
Fingers crossed i think it will turn alright..as am already in love wid the car..again..

Regards
S Murphy

Thanks everyone ....finally got it sorted... totatlly brand new now... Dentmedic did the magic...

And TOTALLY reccomend DENTMEDIC for any Paintless dent removal type of jobs.. great chap...fixed it within 5 minutes..

Regards
S Murphy

Yes clubman,i didnt pay single cent and dealer apologised for it...and dent fella... just did his magic ...n everything disappeared..dent fella told this might be caused during transporting this car on truck or something...someone trying to tie it to the floor... pushed in hard or something similar...

thanks
regards
S murphy

I think this shows the value of going to a reputable dealer.

Strictly speaking, I don't think they were obliged to do anything. However, any dealer with a reputation to maintain (or indeed any business that valued their customers) would be mad to do anything other than sorting it out as a matter of goodwill.

I'm always suprised when companies don't do this: as it stands there's one happy customer who will probably go back to the same place the next time and meanwhile will spread the word what a good place they are to deal with. If they hadn't sorted it out, the exact opposite would be the case.

True Ang1170,
The thing is , if it was something which one can change within a week or month or even year...it doesnt matter... But after spending so much of money one does expect everything to be atleast close mint condition(i know somethings cant be avoided)

But yes am very happy with the service dealer provided and i will never shy away to go back to them. And even have spread the word about that dentmedic fella... hes just brilliant...five minutes..that was it...and everything back to normal...

Thanks all and anyone looking for removing dents without major pain. Do look for paintless dent removal option (PDR) on google. u get plenty in Ireland and it works.

Thanks a lot everyone.
Kind
regards
S Murphy

if you have the photos of it on site then its pretty straight forward.

a) if they sold it as perfect then you should get some compensation - refund/discount/repair.

b) if sold as a second hand car then there is a degree of caveat emptor invloved and it could be "sold as seen" - therefore you will get zilch

oh sorry, what was the name of that fella again DENTMEISTER, was it ??

I know you only mentioned it 20 times but I cant seem to find it