BOSI Rates: Tracker vs. Variable

Lynnie

Hi, I'm a bit confused about Bank of Scotland's APR rates and hoping someone can help me before I finish filling in my application form.

From previous posts, it sounds as though a Variable Tracker is generally a good bet. However, the APR on the BOSI Tracker for a FTB [where LTV>75% & it tracks at ECB+1.25%] is 3.82%, while the APR on their Standard Variable is 3.80% and they give a guarantee that it will never be more than ECB+1.5%...

... is the Tracker still the better option here even though the APR is slightly higher?

[I know there have been previous posts about Trackers but they seem to relate to instances where the Tracker APR is lower than that of the Standard Variable, hence this post.]

Unfortunately, it's just down to our personal circumstances - BOSI are one of the only providers whose lending criteria we meet.

In this instance, the BoSI variable does seem to be slightly cheaper than it's LTV > 75% tracker.

However, as previously stated, there are cheaper trackers available.

Here is a screen-shot from Prima Finance showing Trackers LTV 60%-80% for a €300k. Mortgage.

[broken link removed]

Don't forget, Prima also give a good deal for legal fees.

Lynnie said:
Unfortunately, it's just down to our personal circumstances - BOSI are one of the only providers whose lending criteria we meet.
And that's only by approaching them directly. Initially, by putting our application through a broker, we got a "computer says noooo"-type response.

Furthermore, we are looking at 100% LTV [sorry, no doubt I should've clarified that earlier.]

Lynnie said:
Initially, by putting our application through a broker, we got a "computer says noooo"-type response.
Who's to say that another broker might not have had more success?

We approached more than one broker. All came back with the same response. They all told us to go back to them in 6 month's/a year's time as we are graduates who have been in our current jobs less than 12 months.

Fair enough. I just assumed from your previous posts that you had approached only one broker

Back