Bosch Exxcel Washer/Dryer

europhile

This might seem like a ridiculous question but I need to drain my washer dryer and the draining tube/tray yoke is SO near the ground that I can't think of anything to place underneath it to catch the water - even a baking tray with low sides is too high. I think that there will probably be too much water for a towel only.

Could I catch it in a plastic bag? Any innovative ideas, please?

pull out the machine from under the counter, tilt it up at the front and put something in under it to get it up high enough for the baking tray etc. to fit under ?

It sounds similar to the drain filter and pump on our Miele washing machine which as part of normal maintenance needs to cleared out regularly. It is situated quite near to the floor so I simply tilt the ordinary kitchen basin sideways and hold it so while the water drains out which does not take too long. Is it out of the question to do this on your machine?

Absolutely. It is very badly designed. The bottom of it must be less than one inch from the floor.

pull out the machine from under the counter, tilt it up at the front and put something in under it to get it up high enough for the baking tray etc. to fit under ?

Some of the machines have weights in them to hold them down and stop them moving when spinning so this might not be possible. If its under a worktop the piping at the back might not permit either.

One of the repair guys damaged our tiles some years ago when he tilted the machine back so this needs to be carefully done, if at all.

Hi ,

I have a Bosch Exxcel Washer and at first I thought I would have the same problem but the drain pipe on mine actually pulls out and is somewhat flexible.
If your in luck perhaps your pulls out further also?

I hope so.

MAJJ