Boru Croi Beag Stoves.

we installed a stanley oisin 6kw stove and also installed the proper flexiflu which isa must. the heat is incredible! heats up the entire house and its not a back boiler stove. the flexiflu is worth every penny and it should be introduced by law as in the UK but its not here

Don't know if it's the age of the house that makes the difference - I had bad experience with a stove in a cottage that gave off shocking fumes when it was installed with the pipe going straight into the chimney, and fire cement and fire rope blocking off (supposedly) and fumes.
Probably not the age of the house as much as the state/build of the existing chimney.

I priced and got advice from a lot of fitters/suppliers and they pretty much all said that there was no need for a flu liner in my case (New build with 9" clay flu, never had a fire),

Your flu needs to get up to an optimum operating temperature so that it creates enough draw and prevents the buildup of tar/creosote.

As I understand it, in the UK most chimneys were brick built without a flu, so weren't suitable for running stoves without a flu pipe/lining.

Hi all,

Thinking of getting one of his for my den - how much does the unit cost and how much approx for installation please?

Re: Irish made Boru Stoves anyone?

i rang them in tipperary and the guy said that there is a 10 year warranty on the stoves and a 6 year on the boilers they cant be bad and he said he would give me that in writing
And when anything goes wrong he’ll tell you that you used the wrong fuel.

Back