Borrowing to pay court fees

Bronte

If you reach a settlement for circa 1.3 million in costs and you have an income of 100K a year in a non permanent job, how do you borrow to pay this money particularly if you have no assets. I assume if you reach a settlement the monies has to be paid immediately or am I incorrect and it can be paid over time?

Furthermore how can you go all the way to the High Court and then the Supreme court if you have no money or assets in the first place. How do you get solicitors and barristers to work for you in this scenario.

Furthermore how can you go all the way to the High Court and then the Supreme court if you have no money or assets in the first place. How do you get solicitors and barristers to work for you in this scenario.
I heard of some cases where party A insisted that party B posted a bond in court to cover the cost of legal fees in case party B lost the case. Does this happen in most cases?

The person in question could be (a) married to somebody of extensive means (b) have wide and varied contacts with people who might be willing to act as benefactors with or without any quid pro quo or repayment and (c) might be able to negotiate with the winning party to reduce their bill to less that 50% of what it originally was.

Back