Boroimhe/Bovale development in Swords

P

phillips22

Looking at buying in the North Dublin area - had a look at the Boroimhe development in swords, but can't seem to find any prices for the Phase 4 development. Does anyone know what the prices were for Phase 3, partic. 3 bed duplex and 3 bed end of terrace?

Also what sort of reputation do Bovale developments have (besides their implication in the Planning Tribunals - it's quality of build I'm concerned about)?

A friend of mine lives in a 3 Bed duplex in Boroimhe. She put down the deposit about 18 months ago and moved in about 13 months ago but I'm not sure what phase that was (2 or 3??). Anyway it cost her €290k at the time.

I'm afraid you've missed the boat, even in februaury. It's completely sold out. Second hand 3 bed duplexes going for appr. 400k. That might be your best route if you are interested in buying. Property prices have gone through the roof here in the last year and it remains so. This time last year, same duplex would have gone for 300k. Live here myself, traded up within estate to 4 bed house from 3 bed duplex last year, best move I've made....

I have a few properties in this development my self and I would agree, approximately 400k for a second hand 3 bed duplex (new properties sold out a long time ago). Build quality is good and the "after sales service" is also very good. The second hand properties here are selling like hot cakes due proximity of airport, centre of Swords and the new Metro which should be stopping outside Boroimhe (2012 mind you). Do a search on Boroimhe or Metro and you will find threads on this subject.

Boroimhe, Swords

Hi,

Thinking of purchasing a house in Boroimhe, Swords.

What's the traffic like in the morning(7-8am) & evening(5-6pm) (Going to/coming from Finglas & Coolock).

Any bad points in the area? Is there good & bad areas in the estate?

Does the designated parking tend to work? or does everybody tend to park where they can?

Just trying to get a 'feel' for the area.

Thanks in advance

Not sure about trip to Coolock I think if you avoid M50 and port tunnel works (will it ever end?) you should be okay. It takes an hour plus to get into town from here as Santry is a bit of a disaster at the moment.

Otherwise it's a decent estate. Handy for Swords and the airport with a new shopping centre in it. Not aware of any bad areas. I think if you stake a claim to your parking early doors you shouldn't have any problem.

Not sure about trip to Coolock I think if you avoid M50 and port tunnel works (will it ever end?) you should be okay.

Excuse my ignorance, but what port tunnel works? The road is and has been completed and opened to it's finished standard a good few months at this stage. There are no ongoing port tunnel works which affect the flow of traffic. The only remaining thing is to open access to the portals.

I always avoided the M1/Whitehall area in the mornings - too congested. I drove to Finglas on the back-roads, behind the airport, Swords Manor in about 20-30minutes, leaving the house at 8:40am.

To/From Coolock, I suggest using the Malahide Road via Kinsealy.

True the actually works may have stopped but I was kinda hoping that traffic from the airport to beyond Whitehall would improve from were it is once the port tunnell was fully functional. Otherwise it's a bit of a dead loss trying to commute into town from there. You'd be better off living further out provided you got on the train line.

Reckon you can get to Coolock in under 20 minutes from Boroimhe by going along M1. Traffic now moves freely up till the entrance to the Port Tunnel since they opened up the 2nd lane after the M50 exit.. The Coolock exit is before this so you should be ok..Not living in Boroimhe but it seems to be a nice area. Haven't heard anything bad about it..

Hi,

Many Thanks for all your replies.

Your comments have been very helpful.

Click

How long is it since you have used the M1? The works are ongoing - lanes blocked, then re-opened, speed limit changes etc etc. It's never ending and always congested in the morning...

How long is it since you have used the M1? The works are ongoing - lanes blocked, then re-opened, speed limit changes etc etc. It's never ending and always congested in the morning...

I use it every day. Twice.

What lanes are blocked? There are three lanes open north and south, from the portals to the Turnapin interchange. Where are lanes being re-opened? Speed limits have been consistent for over 6 months there.

It may be congested in the morning and evenings but this is not down to ongoing works, it's due to capacity. There aren't going to be any more lanes open at the port tunnel, only the portal access which doesn't hamper traffic flow at the moment. If anything when access to the portals is open traffic will worsen as merging traffic to and from the tunnel fights for position.

The motorway around the port tunnel is m50 by the way, the m1 ends at the Turnapin interchange.

If the current situation with traffic around Whitehall and Santry is a calm before the storm of the port tunnel opening, planners need to be fired. I can't believe that the situation around the M1/start of the M50 will get worse at peak time following a huge investment like the port tunnel. How could they get it so wrong? Maybe Glennon the local FF TD is retiring at the right time..........

Thats what you get when you have wonderful road design that has two lanes of traffic up to the lights at Whitehall Church then beoming one lane just past the lights so even the buses take ages to find its way into the bus lane.

And the best thing about all this is that they didn't leave enough room under the new Shantallagh (?) bridge to make this section 2 lanes in future ... heads really should roll over this ...

Thats what you get when you have wonderful road design that has two lanes of traffic up to the lights at Whitehall Church then beoming one lane just past the lights so even the buses take ages to find its way into the bus lane.

There is hardly any solution to that, your talking about a motorway merging with an urban road layout.

Boroimhe is a bit of a mixed bag , a good deal of rented accommodation and entry level folks. Boroimhe would be held in slightly higher esteem than Gorse Hill , Applewood and Riverview/vally although properties in all three estates have not seen as much growth compared to the rest of the Northside , Co Dublin.

Don't be smoked screened into thinking that traffic takes a little over an hour into town. Take the trip yourself , from Swords village (Pinnock Hill) to Whitehall and Santry is an absolute crawl and the turnoffs for the M50 are practically carparks in the morning. Try it yourself although going home in the evenings is not as bad.But there is no Dart / Train Station , Hospital , Bus is over subscribed, enough Gardai and the town did win tip of year not so long ago. But it is improving slightly.

Swords is an unusual village that has changed dramatically over the years , very busy and lots of retail units , rented accommodation and more than a few non nationals which ad to the eclectic mix.

I bought into Boroimhe early and sold about 6 months ago , reinvested in Santry. I am very glad to have made a few quid but I think the value is now well gone and properties in the four estates wont see much growth in the next few years.Plus i dont like the way the estate is going i feel another few years and the little youngsters will become big messers.

Lots of decent second hand properties in Santry, Donnycarney and Artane at the moment. Much better value and amenities by far.