Bord Gais Theatre Dublin - good seats - ballet

cmalone

would like to go to ballet at Bord Gais Theatre. Varied seats on offer. What are the best and they worth the extra ?

A lot depends on your personal preference - e.g. do you prefer to be close to the stage? Personally I prefer not to be too close to the stage for ballet or a musical, as often you get the impact better from a bit further back. I like the centre of the Parterre best, but most seats in BGE have a reasonably good view. The floor slopes so seats at the back are higher than those in front, so your view is rarely blocked by people in front of you. But avoid being too far to the side (whether downstairs or circle). I went there for a ballet some time ago and was at the side of the circle and didn't have a full view of the stage (even though they were full price dress circle seats, not sold as restricted view.)

if you have the opportunity, call into the box office at the BGE. I dealt with a very helpful person there who was able to explain the best seats, including moving one row back to avail of cheaper tickets without impacting the view. It also saves the big fees charged by ticketmaster.

Back