Bord Gáis - how to hide a price increase

DublinTexas

can edit posts
So new gas bill today (about 2 weeks later than usual) and a little higher than expected which is due to the fact that instead of a price increase they just calculate your kwh differently now.

While in the past my m3 of gas gave me 11.4485 kwh, now it's 11.5059 kwh. Sure it's only 0.5% more but it's nothing else than a price hike hidding in some fancy calculation.

Unless the quality of my gas is now so much better that I need to use less m3 to get the same heat. But I really don't think so.

There was no explanation in the bill the only reason I spotted it is because I was not understanding why there were 2 lines in the calculation.

What a neat trick.

My bill was twice the normal bill but I just put that down to being off work for a few days over the Christmas and the severe cold weather we had for a couple of weeks.

Well I have to appologize to the people at Board Gáis because according to them I'm now getting my Gas from a different gas field and the quality of that field allows me to do more kwh per m3 of gas supplied so that is why they charge me more.

And I learned that I have been lucky last year that I go the same gas field all the time and hence did not have a different conversion rate which according to their customer service depends on which field I get my gas from and the pressure in the pipeline.

Well I dropped Flogas Natural gas a mail about their conversion rate (as it seams the kwh is cheaper with them) but somehow they have enough customers because my e-mail came back because their e-mail does not exists.

Now let's hope the the better quality gas I'm now getting means I need to use less m3.

Back